Date:      Fri, 29 May 2015 01:16:56 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some ports always rebuild with oudriere?

+--On 28 mai 2015 11:22:26 -0800 Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net> wrote:
| I use poudriere to build a custom pkg tree. There are a few ports
| that always seem to rebuild themselves. They're small, so not a
| super big deal, but more looking in as to why?
|
| www/linkchecker
|
| It always reports that:
| Deleting linkchecker-9.3.txz: new dependency: www/twill
|
| and rebuilds itself no matter how many times I run poudriere bulk
| without any other changes.

This usually happens when the dependency in the Makefile is badly done.

In this case, the dependency was:
LOGIN_RUN_DEPENDS=      twill:${PORTSDIR}/www/twill

which means "register a dependency on the twill executable installed by
www/twill" Thing is, there is no twill executable installed by twill, it's
obviously a mistake, I've fixed it.

--
Mathieu Arnold