Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 01:38:18 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
Cc:        Sol Rasmussen <sol@deepwell.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: text editors

At 01:51 PM 2/19/97 -0800, Mike O'Brien wrote:
>> any suggestions on text editors.  what i am really looking for is cutting
>> and pasting ability.
>
>	Ok, I'll enter this fray.  I suggest the Rand editor, because it's the
>only editor I know of that can cut & paste rectangular blocks of text.  I've
>never seen anything better for editing tabular data "in the raw".

Emacs does this, as well as providing several games and an artificial
psychoterapist :)

(Emacs does close to everything, but has a user interface with a steep
learning  and retaining-curve.  If you start using the features you'll be
addicted and never be able to change to anything else.  You'll be
frustrated about the things it does badly (which exist), but won't be able
to change to anything else.)

Eivind Eklund perhaps@yes.no http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/ eivind@freebsd.org