Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 15:24:51 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Code crusader still broken

"David J. Kanter" wrote:

> Last week I mentioned that the Code Crusader port was broken, and someone
> responded that the maintainer was notified. I just ran cvsup and saw the
> Makefile changed, with the BROKEN line remove, so I tried to install the
> port. Still, I get no binaries with make && make install.
>
> I think this port is still broken.

It is still broken; however, this is what I had to do to make Code
Crusader 1.5.3 build as a
port.

Modify line 97 in patch-ac to get rid of the line 172 error. There was
a blank right after the + that was causing the line 172 separator
error.

+       @mkdir ${JCC}

If you get rid of this error it should build on FreeBSD 3.4. The
remaining changes were required on 4.0. I have yet to try all on my
3.4-Stable system.

I haven't figured out how to setup a patch style of diff but this is
my first diff that I applied to
ACE/ACE_wrappers/config-freebsd-pthread.h
47d46
< #define ACE_LACKS_SIGSET
87a87,95
> #if (__FreeBSD_version < 400000)
> #define ACE_LACKS_SIGSET
> #endif /* __FreeBSD_version >= 400000 */
>
> #if (__FreeBSD_version >= 400000)
> #define ACE_HAS_UCONTEXT_T
> #define ACE_HAS_SOCKLEN_T
> #endif /* __FreeBSD_version >= 400000 */

The second diff is
ACE/ACE_wrappers/ace/Log_Msg.cpp
673c673
< #if ! (defined(__BORLANDC__) && __BORLANDC__ >= 0x0530)
---
> #if defined(ACE_LACKS_SYS_NERR)
675c675
< #endif /* ! (defined(__BORLANDC__) && __BORLANDC__ >= 0x0530) */
---
> #endif /* defined(ACE_LACKS_SYS_NERR) */

I also haven't figured out how to check for bison. Code Crusader is
dependant on bison being installed.

These changes produced a jcc on my FreeBSD 4.0-Stable using the
port/codecrusader/Makefile.

I tried building a simple hellow_world from the tutorial. I had errors
but it created the source file, project, and it appeared to try and
compile it.

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html