Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 00:45:38 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bus arch ramblings (was Re: Patches from -current for -stable ...

Mike Smith scribbled this message on Oct 24:

> > > ... which is exactly what you're arguing against above.  I'm confused
> > > now.
> >
> > wierd... I thought I was arguing for the module tracking it's own
> > resources...  and refusing to unload when it gets the unload event.. :)
>
> Um, I proposed a LOAD/UNLOAD event set, and I *thought* you were
> arguing against them, saying that such actions belonged in the attach/
> detach routines.
>
> I think we have been in violent agreements.  Whoops.

yep...  :)  oh well..  mistakes happen...

> > > I meant "where is your whiteboard"?  I have that one already 8)
> >
> > ahh.. ok.. if someone could mail me an electronic whiteboard.. I'd
> > gladly use that instead... :)
>
> /usr/ports/mbone/wb

only problem is that it's kinda hard to hang on my wall...  but I do
happen to live behind a slirp connection..  I tried tunneling to the
machine and using mrouted to forward packets over, but all the good
broadcast packets (the ones requesting what's up in the mbone world)
all went over the ethernet wire instead of down the p2p ppp link that
I had set up (it was also on a private set of ip's which might cause
a few problems)...  any ideas?

I've updated the page to list the new event handler (gee, it removed
two entries from the gendevice structure :) )  and after looking at it,
turns out that the document was actually newer than my whiteboard (not
really, just that I had a thing or two on the whiteboard listed as not
added to the document when it really was, oops)...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD