Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2018 11:33:11 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: options DOCS + EXAMPLES

Am 02.11.2018 um 11:24 schrieb Mathieu Arnold:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 10:49:52AM +0100, Harry Schmalzbauer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> found out that the need to define DOCS and EXAMPLES in OPTIONS_DEFINE was
>> made mandatory some time ago, which ports-mgmt/portlint isn't aware about
>> yet (found https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13036).
>>
>> I intentionally haven't defined it, because I want to make use of the
>> bsd.ports.mk handling of PORTDOCS and PORTEXAMPLES, but don't want to spam
>> the UI.  EXAMPLES and DOCS shall stay mandatory for my port, as long as the
>> user changes the corresponding defaults.
>>
>> How do I hide the user selection for EXAMPLES and DOCS after the change
>> (which I wasn't able to find by reading commit logs)?
>
> I am not sure what you are asking.
>
> To be able to use PORTDOCS or PORTEXAMPLES, you must define a DOCS or an
> EXAMPLES option.
>
> The users must be allowed to choose if they want documentation or
> examples to be installed.  If you personnaly do not want the options
> dialog to show up when you build ports, you can set BATCH in your
> environment.

Thank you for your answer.
In my case, I have additional options, so I can't use BATCH.
Please see my opinion about the DOCS/EXAMPLES selection in the reply to
myself, where I reference the commit introducing this change and where I
explain why in many/most cases, I consider these DOCS/EXAMPLES/NLS
options as spam.

Thanks,

-harry