Date:      Thu, 2 Feb 2012 15:51:44 -0600
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org, luigi@onelab2.iet.unipi.it
Subject:   Re: ports/161737: www/chromium 14.0.835.x stalls (probably javascript-related

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 11:23:40 +0200
George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:10:17 GMT
> > rene@freebsd.org wrote:
> >
> >> Synopsis: www/chromium 14.0.835.x stalls (probably
> >> javascript-related
> >>
> >> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> >> State-Changed-By: rene
> >> State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 10 21:09:22 UTC 2012
> >> State-Changed-Why:
> >> Submitter reports that the original problem is solved.
> >>
> >> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D161737
> >
> > Any chance of us seeing just what exactly the solution was? =C2=A0I'm
> > still seeing of lot of the same type of behavior described by the
> > original submitter -- pages stalling interminably or loading only
> > partially (while presenting the impression of having completed),
> > unresponsive buttons, etc.
>=20
> In Chromium there are at least two different rendering
> implementations for *nix. The first one is used for Linux and the
> other one for OSX, our port goes with the OSX one.
>=20
> In 14 I switched to the Linux implementation, which is way cleaner,
> but many users reported that they had problems. The =E2=80=9Cfix=E2=80=9D=
 was to go
> back to the OSX implementation again for 15.
>=20
> I understand that you may see similar behavior but I believe that it
> is unrelated to this specific PR.

Yes, I realized later I was referencing the wrong PR.  Sorry 'bout
that.  :-)

> My wild guess is that you run out of some kind of resource, "out of
> swap space=E2=80=9D doesn=E2=80=99t sound good. Is it possible that you r=
un OOM?
>=20
>=20
> Regards,
> George

I'm really not at all sure what's causing it.  Not seeing any out of
memory or swap errors here.  Another poster mentioned a known issue
with one of chromium's dependencies when built with clang.  I'll look
into that.

Thanks!

Conrad

--=20