Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:47:55 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Default directory locations for Java ports

Hi Herve,

> I have almost finished the modifications we discussed but some stupid
> hacker has decided to exploit my machine :(

Oops :)

> So far, the mods handle :
>  - USE_ANT (like USE_GMAKE) to set dependencies and can build
> automatically a port by specifying ANT_TARGETS etc.

Hmm, this is more advanced than expected. Perhaps that's a pro, or perhaps we
should think carefully about each step and take one at a time...

>  - PLIST_SUB correctly set so we can use DOCSDIR, JAVA_APIDOCS etc.

Ah, good thing you thought about this too.

>  - INSTALL_JAR
>  - JAVA_EXAMPLESDIR and all DIR related variables

> I have done a short manual (latex) that you can find at the same url :
>
> http://www.iut-gtr.univ-mrs.fr/~quiroz/freebsd/

It seems the server does not accept HTTP connection :-\

bash-2.04$ telnet 139.124.26.42 80
Trying 139.124.26.42...
telnet: connect to address 139.124.26.42: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

And this is the case from both my workstation at home, from my workstation at
the office and from freefall.freebsd.org.

> Also, there is some weird behaviour about jikes dependencies: it seems
> jikes is always in the build dependencies unless so enforce USE_JIKES=NO
> but I haven't fully tested that so maybe I am mistaken.

Yeah, that is indeed the case. It will make jikes a dependency if it is
installed on your system and if NO_JIKES is not defined. This is according to
the specification though :) Take a look at:

http://www.metaverse.nl/~ernst/installing.html

It's in chapter 3.

I'd love to see what you produced! If you still have access to this stuff,
then send it to me and I will provide a new download location for it.

Kind regards,

Ernst