Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2012 14:34:20 -0400
From:      Derrick Edwards <dantavious313@gmail.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel kms xvideo/vaapi?  (was: Re: VLC problems)

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 02:22:52 PM Juergen Lock wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 02:00:17PM +0300, Konstantin Belousov wrote:

> > > Ok that is good news.  But is it expected that xvideo isn't supported?
> >
> > I cannot really comment on your last question. Kernel driver does support
> > sprite or overlay (depending on the GPU generation). Everything else
> > depends on the usermode stack, which should convert overlay into XVideo
> > interface, and on harware capabilities. E.g., I am almost sure that
> > compositing migh affect xvideo.
>
> Ah!  Derrick, do you have compositing enabled in your xserver?  Do you
> have xcompmgr running?  If not, try enabling them and see if xvideo
> works then.
>
>  HTH,
> 	Juergen
     Juergen,
I already have an compositing enabled xserver. I am using the enlightenment wm
with compositing support. Let me know if you need anything else.

xcompmgr -c
Another composite manager is already running (0x80002d)

Enlightenment composite port.
e17-module-comp-scale-20111128 A comp-scale module for Enlightenment 17