Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 18:28:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        steve@visint.co.uk (Stephen Roome)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ReelMagic 2.1

> Any chance I can use this card with some driver ?
>
> On the card you've got:
>
> SIGMA designs EM7000, EM7010, EM7040 & EM7050 chips.
> ad1847 soundport.
> cirrus logic clgd5200
> adsp 2115

there was once a nice family of cards like this which have an onboard
DSP (ADSP2115) which could be used to do a lot of things. The way it
is generally used under DOS is to download some code to make the card
emulate a legacy card (e.g. soundblaster or WSS). I am not sure if the
emulation goes so far to evem emulate DMA.

Some old voxware driver might have some support for this card but you
need the DOS code from the dos driver.

> Other than that, I'd be interested in getting the mpeg side of the card
> working.. That'd be nice..

It would be really nice. As a matter of fact, I think you can even find
a gcc port for the 2181 (the 2115 is an earlier member of the 21xx
family, 24-bit fixed point DSP).
But it takes some work of course to rewrite the driver...

	Cheers
	Luigi