Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 10:40:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports make crash

As I recall, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
>  * From: "Chad R. Larson" <chad@anasazi.com>
>
>  * ===> devel/ORBacus
>  * "Makefile", line 18: warning: String comparison operator should be either == or !=
>  * "Makefile", line 18: Malformed conditional (${OSREL} >= 4)
>  * "Makefile", line 18: Need an operator
>  * "Makefile", line 21: if-less else
>  * "Makefile", line 21: Need an operator
>  * "Makefile", line 30: if-less endif
>  * "Makefile", line 30: Need an operator
>  * make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>  * *** Error code 1
>
> I checked devel/ORBacus/Makefile and the only thing I could find was
> that the last <bsd.port.mk> should have been <bsd.port.post.mk> (which
> I just fixed).  But make readme worked fine even before that change.
> Are you sure you have the correct ports/Mk/bsd.port.*mk files?
>
> -PW

I re-CVSup'd Saturday, and got the same thing.  So if your changes
fixed it, they didn't get committed.

I get the problem on two different machines, each running
2.2-STABLE.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com chad@larsons.org chad@anasazi.com larson1@home.net