Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 1997 01:16:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      Prisoner <spatula@gulf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel bombing

I've been having a lot of problems with my system bombing, so I turned on
kernel debugging.  The last time it crashed, I snagged all the info in
case it means anything to anyone:

fault virtual address	= 0x7200c4c
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xf017c4b4
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= trace/trap, interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process		= 4 (update)
interrupt mask	=
kernel: type 12 trap, code=0
breakpoint at _ffs_update +0xa4:  cmpl  $0x1,0x52c(%ebx)

   From a layman's point of view, it looks like it choked trying to do
something with the file system.

   Nick

"please resend your report without rot13."
  -Ken, my boss
--
...._...___......__... Nick Johnson: The man, the individual, the prisoner.
.../ |./ (_)____/ /__. Personal Homepage: http://www.gulf.net/~spatula/