Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 19:39:50 +0900 (JST)
From:      ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp (Takeshi OHASHI)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Was is status on cardbus ?

dfr>>> Is cardbus work in progress ??
dfr>>> And will newbus designed drivers work without larger modifications ?
dfr>>
dfr>>Cardbus will happen after pccard is cleaned up a bit. Warner Losh is
dfr>>working hard on pccard at the moment.  I think that a newbus pci driver
dfr>>(or even an old pci driver using the backwards compatible apis) will work
dfr>>with cardbus with only small modifications.

First, I do not want flame.

[FYI]
Our newconfig project is supporting some PCI-CardBus bridges and some
CardBus cards.

	# CardBus-Card network interfaces

	ep*     at cardbus? dev ? func ?        # 3Com 3c575TX Ethernet
	xl*     at cardbus? dev ? func ?        # 3Com 3c575TX and 3c575BTX Ethernet

newconfig into FreeBSD:
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/newconfig/index.html

Current suported devices:
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/newconfig/device-list.txt