Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:27:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@iet.unipi.it>
To:        luigi@prova.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Subject:   rr queueing

[I am sending this mail because you might be interested in the
subject. You are on the Bcc list so you will not be bothered by
replies from other recipients].

I have some preliminary code for implementing RR queueing and
associated stuff (including bw allocation) in the bottom layers of
the networking stack. When complete (although it pretty much works
even now) it is meant to replace the IF_ENQUEUE/IF_DEQUEUE macros.
As such, I have tried to make the code and the algorithms fast and
efficient.  The code includes some description on what it does and
how, so if you have comments and suggestions on how to improve it
or add more features, let me know.

The code is at the following URL

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/newifqueue.c

in its current form, it compiles to a standalone program so as to
check actual performance and be easily modifiable.

	Cheers
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/