Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:07:33 -0600
From:      Zach Thompson <cublai@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        jbw <j.bw@verizon.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla & Java

* Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> [020413 10:35]:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 08:43:45AM -0400, jbw wrote:
> > I'm trying to install java so that use it with Mozilla.  I get the
> > following error message when trying to install the jdk13 port.
> >
> > Patching file j2sdk1.3.1/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/robot_child/robot_proc.c using Plan A...
> > Hunk #1 succeeded at 25.
> > done
> > ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p6_3
> > ===>  Configuring for jdk-1.3.1p6_3
> > ===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p6_3
> > i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p6-root-020413-08:36
> > ERROR: BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK
> >        Check that you have access to
> >         /usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin/java
> >        and/or check your value of ALT_BOOTDIR.
> >
> > Exiting because of the above error(s).
> > gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
>
> You need to have the linux-jdk13 port installed and linux emulation
> enabled.
>
> > What do I need to do have this install correctly?  Out of curiousity since

I was having this same problem all morning and no matter what I set
BOOTDIR/ALT_BOOTDIR to it gave the same error. I have both the
linux-jdk13 port installed and emulation enable. I even re-installed
linux-jdk13 as someone had mentioned that it might be a botched intall.
Still no go.

I read a post in the java list archives about it being a problem that
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin/java was a directory and that this error
was resolved by linking it to .java_wrapper. So I decided to try it and
it *seemed* to have built fine.

The steps I followed were:

        cd /usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin
        rm -r java
        ln -s .java_wrapper java

Then make install clean.

I don't know if this is the *correct* way around the error or not but
I'm done playing with this port.

Zach