Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:12:45 +1100
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox 14.0.1 and flash

ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday 28 July 2012 20:21:13 Jan Beich wrote:
>
>> ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> writes:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > On my FreeBSD 9.0 Release, KDE 4.8.4, Firefox 14.0.1 stooped working with
>> > linuxflashplugin 11. There is no problem with Opera.
>>
>> First, try firefox package and show pkg_info -aE output. Blame pointyhat
>> tardiness if the package (for 14.0.1) is not available yet.

Alternatively, use ports-mgmt/poudriere to build firefox package in a
clean environment.

Also, make sure you've run make delete-old in case you've updated to
9.0R from a previous release. Stale headers can often cause some hard to
track breakages, crashes, runtime issues.

>> Second, try to disable dom.ipc.plugins.enabled in about:config.
>> If it helps try the first attached patch, then remove patch-bug753046
>> and try the second patch.
>>
>> If neither helps try collecting debug info
>>
>>   # NSPR_LOG_MODULES output depends on LOGGING option
>>
>>   $ NSPR_LOG_MODULES=plugin:5 firefox -ProfileManager -no-remote
>>   $ NSPR_LOG_MODULES=all:5 NSPR_LOG_FILE=$HOME/nspr.log firefox -P
>> <test-profile> -no-remote $ NPW_DEBUG=1 NPW_LOG=$HOME/npw.log firefox -P
>> <test-profile> -no-remote
>>
>> and see how far it got by comparing output with previous version.
>>
>> Also, QT4 is known to be broken with plugins.
>
> Thank you. Flash doesn't works still.

I have no clue what you did.

> In /home/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat I have:
>
> [INVALID]
> /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so:$
> 1336714805000:$

It's harmless and no different for previous versions. firefox uses
flashplugin via nspluginwrapper. Make sure you did

  $ nspluginwrapper -v -a -i

if you've updated www/linux-f10-flashplugin11 or www/nspluginwrapper.

  [PLUGINS]
  npwrapper.libflashplayer.so:$
  /home/foo/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so:$
  :$
  1343139300287:0:1:$
  Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202:$
  Shockwave Flash:$
  2
  0:application/x-shockwave-flash:Shockwave Flash:swf:$
  1:application/futuresplash:FutureSplash Player:spl:$