Date:        Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:38:58 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Georg Shelly <mooonday@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pnp commands disapperance

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 12:42:27PM -0700, Georg Shelly wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm have a question about pnp ... commands
>
> disapperance from userconfig on kernel boot
> (when boot -c   or   in /boot/kernel.conf).
>
>     - since which release disappears these commands

They disappeared in 4.0  (still there in 3.x)

>     - where alternatives for these commands

No alternatives exist that I know of. The general level of support for PnP
was so much improved in 4.0 that the developers didn't think that those
commands were needed any more. (Those commands were basically there just to
work around deficiences in the kernel.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson