Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 23:53:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, de-bsd-chat@de.freebsd.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: daemon stories ( german customs )

> Well, as many people know, I live in Indiana (midwest US.)  The states
> bordering on Indiana include Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois and Michigan.  In
> most areas of those states, I think one could easily find people who
> misunderstand the Daemon.  The risk isn't the 99% of people who are

Well, then why not have a "sanitized" logo which shows just the words
"FreeBSD - The Power to Serve [the lord]" with no daemon picture at
all or, perhaps better yet, the image of a halo'd angel which just
happens to be carrying a trident for some inexplicable reason.  We
could target this version at the bible belt and other centers of
religious tolerence.

But why stop there?  I could envision something localized to, say the
Jamaican religious market too.  Jah chuckie!  It could work! :)

						Jordan