Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 17:47:50 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
Cc:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>, Ted Stein <ted@taki.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let's Get FreeBSD Some Recognition

Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> ActiveDirectory; NTFS; SMB.  No, not NetBEUI :)  Strategically speaking, if
> I had as my mission "get FreeBSD used in server systems in corporate
> America", I'd be doing everything I could to make it as easy as possible
> for someone running NT to switch to FreeBSD with little or no loss in
> functionality or interoperability.  Once they've made the switch you can
> start talking them into using better API's and protocols :)
I agree. This has been my approach. I use SAMBA for SMB, but it would be
nice to have NTFS as well. On an experimental basis, my PC users are
linking through my SMABA server to get controlled access to our CAD
server (NT), so that I do all the system admin and user control. It's
working well, we're ready for deployment.

--> Don