Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:49:00 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Thiago Farina <tfransosi@gmail.com>, John Metro <johnqmetro@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "pkg@FreeBSD.org" <pkg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with pkg Makefile

--B89fRgnO9MpvLwHBsfgxbSewPCsJKu3Mu

On 9/19/2014 8:09 PM, Thiago Farina wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM, John Metro <johnqmetro@hotmail.com> wr=
ote:
>> That bit in the Makefile that prints out ...
>> You are about to convert your system to pkg while you have ports/packa=
gesinstalled with the old pkg_install tools.
>> To switch to pkg:    1) Install ports-mgmt/pkg    2) Convert your pack=
age database by running pkg2ng
>> *** Error code 1
>> .. should be removed from the makefile for pkg. It REALLY gets in the =
way if you are trying to upgrade and switch to pkgng for the first time f=
rom ports.
>=20
> What should be removed? Does it say?
>=20

I'm late, but I modified it a few days ago to allow you to proceed. I'm
not comfortable removing it outright as the user must run pkg2ng after
installing pkg.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery