Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:54:14 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 corruption since upgrading to 3.1. Has DMA code changed?

Roger Hardiman:
 |Several people (including Luigi) have reported that video capture with
 |the bt848 driver is not working right since they upgraded from 2.2.6 or
 |2.2.8 to 3.1-release
 |Does anyone know what is different in the 3.x kernel (compared to the
 |2.2.x kernel) which could be causing this corruption.

Just as a datapoint, I've run 3.0-971208-SNAP and (for many months now)
3.0-RELEASE with the installed and more recent bt848 drivers (currently
v1.57) with no problems.  ASUS P55T2P4, STB Velocity 3D 4Meg, Hauppauge
Wincast TV/dbx.

It would be an interesting datapoint to heard whether those seeing
corruption don't see it when doing PCI-to-mem transfers rather than the
default PCI-to-PCI (that is, try "fxtv -disableDirectV").

(I also wonder if there's some relation between motherboard, MB chipsets,
or video cards for those seeing corruption.)

Randall