Date:      Sat, 04 Mar 2000 12:11:21 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        "I.Ponomariov" <ikar@irk.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Windows 2000 Problem

How do you do!
I install FreeBsd with Windows 2000 Server in first partition on HDD.
FreeBSD Boot Manager don't work properly: after boot I see prompt :
 F1 ??
F2 FreeBSD
but pressing F2 is beep and nothing (like other keys).
F1  booting Win2000.
What's hapenning?
Ivan.

Zdrahstvooite :-)

I have NOT installed Windows 2000, but I am afraid this is typical of
M$oftware: probably, you have (partially) overwritten your MBR.

If this is the case, in order to restore it, you should have to ...
search the archives. Ok, it's Saturday and I am in a good mood.

I 'll let Ruslan Ermilov explain what to do in such cases (-questions,
2/10/00 12:26:38 PM, Message ID
<20000210132638.C68362@relay.ucb.crimea.ua> ):

> Help!
> I've accidently ovewritten my MBR & when I try to boot, I get 'Invalid=

> Partition Table'.
> Booting from a floppy & running sysinstall, I can see the bsd
partition
> in fdisk & the various slices in the disk labler, but there are no
mount
> points shown for the slices (except /swap).
> Is there any way I can rescue my disk?

If you *really* had an MBR installed, run `fdisk -B', this will
reinitialize the boot code in sector 0 with /boot/mbr (not touching
the partition table).

Of course, man fdisk is recommended :-)
BTW, you should be able to access the online man pages.

Good luck
Salvo