Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:04:32 +0100
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware Support for new MB

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my Athlon64 3500+ system to a new intel i7 1366
system. I tend between aa MSI and an ASRock board:

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&prod_no=1796
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=X58%20Extreme&s=1366

I wonder if FreeBSD supports

Audio:
- ALC690 (ASRock)
- ALC88S / ALC889 (MSI)

LAN:
- RTL 8111DL (ASRock)
- RTL 8111C (MSI)

SATA
- ICH10R Southbridge

I guess since the ICH10R also can do AHCI this is at least supported by
the new (and old) ahci driver.
But what about sound and LAN? RTL8111C I was able to found in if_re.c but
RTL8111DL? Unfortunally I was not able to find the device IDs of this
devices to look them up in the FreeBSD drivers - not even in the Windows
drivers :(

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/