Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:07:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD SCSI list)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: INSITE floptical anybody ???

(Redirected to -scsi)

As sos@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> I just had one of those drop on my table so I hooked it
> up to the SCSI system, and well, its found but then it
> hangs the SCSI subsystem. I glanced through some other
> systems scsi files, and saw that the INSITE floptical
> needs some kind of "unlock" sequence in order to
> work proberly, anybody allready done the nessesary
> magic ?? or will I have to get my fingers dirty in the
> SCSI code too...

I've once tried, too, and eventually gave up. :-(  These parts
came along with our SGI Indys, but don't worry, they basically
turned out to be the worst crap i've ever seen in this area.
Don't spend too much time into that driver, or the drive will be
dead before you finished polishing the SCSI code... :-((

Hint: pick the `od' driver to start with, it is already better in
supporting unit attention conditions etc.

--
cheers, J"org