Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:07:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To:        brownicm@prokyon.com
Cc:        vikki@oz.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello and FYI:

> The Linux crowd does some things well. Installs tend to be easier for
> the average user. There's been more work on the user interface. Having
> tried Linux a year ago after 3+ years of learning FreeBSD first, I was
> impressed with how easy some things were, but then I had some idea of
> the basics from BSD. But I still haven't found a Linux mailing list as
> helpful as this one.

Getting access to helpful information is a very important point.
We possibly did not advertise that plus of FreeBSD well enough.

I face the different migration problem.
I have to use Linux Mandrake at work since last month, and heck, I
feel like a beginner. Getting information seems quite a lot harder
than under FreeBSD. (Example I had to figure out where the latest source
of a certain install script is hosted)
It is probably there as well, but as you wrote, it is more spread around.

Regards,
Marc