Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 00:46:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   update on subnet routing and FreeBSD 2.0-950322-SNAP

Just in case anyone was wondering, the solution to the problem was
to put the -netmask qualifier (and its associated mask value)
AFTER the destination parameter, not after the "add" option keyword,
even though the route command confirmation and the netstat output
look correct in both case.  The manual does state that the -netmask
qualifer should follow the destination parameter, so the correct
operation is consistent with the documentation, though I missed
that subtlety earlier.

Thanks to those of you who have so kindly replied.

I will post to hacers with more detailed information about the
seemingly anamolous behavior of route and netstat.

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417