Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:10:14 -0600
From:      Jeff Molofee <nehe@cruzinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Keyboard (media keys return nothing)

Just a follow up to my USB keyboard issue. I know what programs are
available to bind the keys... unfortunately the keys do not return
anything. No value returned at all, making it impossible to bind these
keys :) I had the same problem with my last keyboard... In USB mode none
of the keys returned anything. If I put a PS2 adapter on the keyboard
all the media keys worked fine. Unfortunately I do not have a PS2
adapter with this keyboard.

Any help or info on why this happens would be appreciated.