Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:18:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: porting Java to the alpha

On 24 Apr 2000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

# Talking about alpha assembly...
# I just did an "objdump -D" on alpha, and... well, the result doesn't
# look quite like what's described in the _Alpha Architecture Handbook_.
# I guess I can figure out the differences by disassembling the
# opcodes myself, but is this documented anywhere?

The best source I've found [1] for determining the contents
of sigjmp_buf besides the source, {,sig}setjmp.S, in libc is
the header file /usr/include/machine/signal.h.  In particular
look at the osigcontext struct.  This is almost exactly the
contents of sigjmp_buf.  The biggest difference that I've found
is that the old signal mask is at sigjmp_buf._sjb[71] which
begins at sc_reserved[0] instead of in sc_mask as one would
expect.

HTH.

-steve

[1] The suggestion to look at osigcontext came from Doug Rabson.