Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:06:39 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Mika=C3=ABl_Urankar?= <mikael.urankar@gmail.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ross Alexander <rwa@athabascau.ca>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: should aarch64 cross-build work at amd64?

>> The more I read this, the less I understand.  I've built and install'd
>> aarch64-binutils on my poud box, then created an "-x -a arm64.aarch64 -m svn"
>> jail - which worked fine - but that jail won't build anything.  No
>> /usr/bin/ld, so toolchain is borked, so can't build ports-mgmt/pkg.
>> What utterly obvious thing have I missed?  I've spent hours trying to
>> fake out the nxb-bin stuff, or to find some other point of entry, no
>> joy.

You need this ld: http://people.freebsd.org/~andrew/arm64/ld
and put it in your jail (something like that):

zfs destroy zroot/poudriere/jails/JAILNAME@clean
cp ld /usr/local/poudriere/jails/JAILNAME/nxb-bin/usr/bin
cp ld /usr/local/poudriere/jails/JAILNAME/usr/bin
zfs create zroot/poudriere/jails/JAILNAME@clean