Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:53:22 +0100
From:      "IBS / Andre Oppermann" <andre@pipeline.ch>
To:        "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND question

Darrin R. Woods wrote:

> Another question for the 'collective'.
>
> We seem to be having a problem with some of the websites that we host not
> having a 'dns entry'.
>
> I have tried accessing the same sites and pinging them from an account
> within MCI Corporate and have had absolutely no problem getting to them.
>
> The problem only seems to be certain sites and only from certain ISPs.  I
> have tried setting my nslookup server to some of these ISPs and when I try
> and do a lookup with debug, I just get:
>
> timeout (5 secs)
> timeout (10 secs)

Can you provide a little bit more information about the affected
domains/ip-addresses.
It's really hard to find a solution when I don't have anything to test.

--
Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch