Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:28:43 +0000
From:      Frank Leonhardt <frank2@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poor fusefs documentation

On 04/02/2014 15:25, CeDeROM wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> I am trying to use various fusefs mounters but the documentation for
> this seems to be inconsistent and incomplete or missing at all in
> Handbook. There is only mount_fusefs utility that refers to
> fuse_daemon that does not exist. It is impossible to mount anything at
> first contact with fusefs in FreeBSD, please update the documentation
> :-)
>
> Best regards :-)
> Tomek

  I asked why mount_ntfs had suddenly disappeared on freebsd-questions -
started a bit of a thread.

mount -t ntfs doesn't work, and neither does its supposed replacement
mount -t ntfs-3g.

So I'm not sure if this counts as a documentation problem, or an issue
that needs fixing in the release with an intermediate note in the manual
explaining work-arounds. I'm not very familiar with fuse, but I should
still have been able to figure this out and couldn't, and I had a job to
do at the time.

Regards, Frank.