Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:41:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Ralph S." <ralph.sch@gmx.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Local APIC on FreeBSD/i386

Hmm..  I'm running FreeBSD-current (as of Feb 12, 04) and it does implement
'device apic' for UP systems... but onyl if the APIC has been enabled by the
BIOS. (Maybe I'm just doing something wrong there, though. However, Intel's
Katmai CPUs have an APIC built in, I'm sure of that.) I have tried to
software-enable it, set up the base address and update  cpu_feature, but until now
all I get is
 boot -v telling me there is no APIC (before, it didn't mention even that
though).

-- Ralph