Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:49:08 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Sam Pierson <samuel.pierson@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Atheros, hardware access layer, collisions

> I was looking for this in the ah.h and the ah_desc.h files.  Are they
> someplace else, or maybe this is a system call?  I can't find anything
> about the retry limit (<-- CWmin = retry?)  Thanks,

CWmin is a setting that controls the random delay before packets
are transmitted. Search for tqi_cwmin in the driver. The retry limit
says how many times the MAC should retry if it gets a collision
while trying to transmit - I think it is controled by the tqi_shretry
and tqi_lgretry values. In the driver in 6.X you can (in principle)
set these values at the time the transmit queues are configured.

	David.