Date:      23 Jun 2002 15:08:38 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        bright@mu.org, will@csociety.org, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing XFree86 package via sysinstall: need X wrapper or not?

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> writes:
> > Only users who haven't yet entered the 90s and discovered xdm.
> I think this attitude is not helpful.  xdm broke badly on the last set
> up upgrades I did to X.  startx is the only thing that still works for
> me.

I don't think your attitude is helpful either.  You should be trying
to figure out (or helping someone try to figure out) what's wrong with
xdm, rather than whining about it.

Maybe *this* is what's really wrong with FreeBSD: people seem more
comfortable whining about bugs and building up grudges towards those
they think are responsible for them, than trying to actually fix them.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org