Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 10:05:02 -0700
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        Andreas Kohout <shanee@augusta.de>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP instruction for NT 4.0 using a Modem from Home?

Andreas Kohout writes:

> I think this is a Mailinglist, and not a Web page, isn't it?
> Why is there so many HTML-Code?

At work, we've pretty much standardized on using Netscape 4 to send
"rich text" (or HTML) messages to each other.  Recent mail reader
programs will understand the MIME encoding type "Alternate" to show
either a "rich text" (or HTML) version of a message or a plain text
version.

Your mail reader program must not understand the MIME encoding type
"Alternate" and showed the actual bytes of the message ... if you look
down past the HTML encoding, you should see a plain text version of my
message.

Not that it was that important, anyway.

--
Sean Kelly