Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:24:37 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        FreeBSD AMD list <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Disk I/O-related panics in 6.0-RELEASE?

On Apr 5, 2006, at 1:28 AM, Brian Tao wrote:

>     Eeech, I was thinking that given the random panics... it's all
> brand-new hardware, vendor-recommended RAM, ample cooling, ample and
> clean power, etc.  I'll try some of the suggestions below before
> swapping out hardware components.

All hardware is not created the same.... Last year I went through 5
motherboards, two full systems, lots of RAM sticks, yada yada yada,
all to get *one* stable server out of it.  Needless to say, I don't
buy that vendor anymore.

Last system I got was a SunFire X4100.  Rock solid stable from day
one.  Worth every premium penny I paid for the Q/A they put in it.