Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:46:42 +0200
From:      Ion Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@go.ro>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com, "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Dual Win98 and FreeBSD system

William Woods wrote:

> I have a 10 gig hard drive and am planning on dual booting Win98 and FreeBSD. I
> am planning on soplitting it right down the middle, 5gig each, but what I am
> wondering is I remember reading something about FreeBSD needing to be in the
> forst 1024 megs or soemthing like that. Is this true?
>
> William
>
> ----------------------------------
> E-Mail: William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
> Date: 21-Nov-99
> Time: 17:15:42
> FreeBSD 3.3 -Stable
> ----------------------------------I`m having a PC with a 9.1 G hard drive, split in to equals parts for win98 and FreeBSD.

I`ve used PQMagic to resize the original partition (was win98 only).
Then I`ve moved it, letting some space for the root (I`ve choose 64
M).
After installing FreeBSD the disk layout look like:

 64 M                 /
4.5 G                 win98
rest of the drive     rest of the FreeBSD file system.

If you don't already have win98 installed, install it first and
FreeBSD second (win will replace the FBSD boot manager and you will be
able to boot only in windows).

Ionut
itetcu@go.ro