Date:      Tue, 28 May 96 14:05:00 cdt
From:      "McKinley, Rob" <mckinley@spss.com>
To:        Jeroen Schellart <v932492@si.hhs.nl>, questions <questions@freebsd.org>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Subject:   RE: Appletalk

By sending the following postscript job, it should change the port speed.
 Note that this is persistent across power cycles.  Note that some
machines have a limited number of programming cycles, since they use
EEPROMs, so you probably don't want to do this at boot time :-)

 ------------ snip -----------
%
% if your Postscript printer has a supervisor password
% replace the 0 (zero) below with it
%
serverdict begin 0 exitserver
statusdict begin
%
% the first parameter is the port 25 indicating the 25 pin serial port
%       and 9 is the 9 pin port
% the second parameter is the serial port speed
% the third parameter is the parity:
%     0 is ignore top bit (7 bit chars)
%     1 is odd parity
%     2 is even parity
%     3 is no parity (8 bit chars)
%
25 115000 3 setsccbatch

Hope this helps.

Rob

  Rob McKinley       !  Interim Release:
  SPSS Inc.          !     A programmer's feeble attempt at repentance.
  312-329-3661       !
  mckinley@spss.com  !