Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dru Lavigne <dru.lavigne@att.net>
To:        Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>, Jared Barneck <rhyous@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Request for advice

>>The BSDA exam is for system administration, not development.=0A=0A>Out of=
 curiosity, is there a market for a FreeBSD Developer cert?=A0=0A=0A=0AWe h=
ave not done an analysis to see if there is a market. There has been intere=
st since we started the program, which came as a surprise to us seeing that=
 an open source developer can prove their skills by pointing to the code th=
at they have contributed. Whereas, there really isn't a way for a system ad=
ministrator to point to their body of work or for someone starting in the s=
ystem administration field to prove that they do indeed possess the technic=
al skills required for the job.=0A=0AWhen putting together the exam, we wor=
k with employers to determine which skills are needed on the job and use th=
at information as the blueprint for putting together the exam's questions.=
=0A=0ACheers,=0A=0ADru =0A=0A=0A=0A