Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2016 18:43:39 +0530
From:      prateek sethi <prateekrootkey@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   mps reinitialization triggered system panic

I am using LSI SAS2308 HBA card with freebsd 9.2. My system got panic
during mps reinitialization process. I tried to debug the core and found
that driver was failed to allocate iocfacts, triggered this panic. I also
got "*Doorbell failed to activate*" message in the core file.

Please help me to find the answers of some questions like:-

1. What can be the reasons for Doorbell activation failure?
2. How I can fix this issue?
3. If it is a H/w issue, how it can be fixed after reboot?
4. *Why a driver failure should panic a system?*

I think panic is not a good option to get recover from some error. There
should be some another way to handle this failure.

I am a beginner for the drivers and if I am predicting or asking something
wrong please correct me.

Regards
Prateek