Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:46:46 -0700
From:      Aaron J Siegel <aaron.siegel@attbi.com>
To:        rozzy@myquran.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bout my FreeBSD

I can answer your second question
2. yes you can upgrade one line, you can use the sysinstall (I have never=
 done=20
this) or cvsup the src and compile it yourself.
 file:/usr/share/doc/handbook/cutting-edge.html
 file:/usr/share/doc/handbook/cvsup.html
I have never had trouble upgrading using the source when I followed these=
=20
instructions.

3

FreeBSD Handbook (2nd Edition)   ISBN: 1571763031
FreeBSD Mall recommends FreeBSD: An Open Source Operating System for Your=
=20
Personal Computer Second Edition ISBN: 0971204519 for newbies

I have FreeBSD Unleashed,  in my opinion this book is better for newbies =
than=20
the handbook.  ISBN: 0672322064

Another book for beginners is Absolute BSD: The Ultimate Guide to FreeBSD=
 =20
ISBN: 1886411743 this is the newest of all the books.

the are availer at=20
http://www.freebsdmall.com
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.bsdcentral.com
I do not know if they ship to Malaysia or if they are printed in any lang=
uage=20
other than english.