Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 2004 04:12:40 -0600
From:      William Grim <wgrim@siue.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD 4.9-STABLE -- Lexmark z25 (USB) -- BROKEN

I have a Lexmark z25 attached to my FBSD 4.9-STABLE i386 machine through
USB.  However, I can't print to it using /dev/ulpt0.  From what I can
find on these printers using google is that these printers are crap (too
late to return it now).

su-2.05# usbdevs -dv
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000),
rev 1.00
  uhub0
 port 1 addr 2: self powered, config 1, Inkjet color printer(0x0057),
Lexmark(0x043d), rev 1.00
   ulpt0
 port 2 powered

As you can see, the printer is properly attached to /dev/ulpt0.
However, "lptest > /dev/ulpt0" appears to hang, and "echo 1 >
/dev/ulpt0" has no effect (just returns after a few seconds).  "dmesg |
grep -i ulpt" returns no results.

Any ideas?

--
William Michael Grim
Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville