Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:49:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Woody Carey <wcarey@wcarey.com>
To:        Artem Koutchine <matrix@gerpa.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web based main system in perl?

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Artem Koutchine wrote:

> So. I am writing a web based mail system (something like
> HotMail) in perl. I have to do in perl, since the company which
> ordered it put it in tech. reqs.

Artem,

I think a project like this is going on, I forget the name it has.
Some open-source 'Hotmail-like' clone.  The name has been mentioned on
this liet in the past 4 or 5 months.  It is not in perl, though.

I am not sure how wise it is for the client to demand it in perl.
From what I have heard, perl solutions do not scale the same way say, c++
solutions do.  That would not be my fisrt choice for a robust system.

2c

Woody