Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:26:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MajorDomo Problems

<<On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:01:43 +0200, Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch> said:

> majordomo is crap it seems, the freebsd mailing lists should switch
> over to ezmlm-idx/qmail... *THAT* works 100% reliable.

Bull$#!^.  I run a couple of fairly large mailing-lists under
majordomo, and nobody ever gets ``accidentally'' unsubscribed.

On the other hand, quite a few people suddenly start bouncing their
mail and get *intentionally* unsubscribed (by me).

We have appointed jmb as postmaster, and so long as he has that job,
the list management will be done using whatever mechanisms he deems
appropriate.

-GAWollman