Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:27:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      freebsd@fongaboo.com
To:        Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS on Hardware RAID controller

When we spoke, you noted that when installing ZFS on multiple disks
connected to a hardware RAID controller, it is best to config it to JBOD.

I tried to explain this to a colleague, but they were skeptical. Would you
(or anyone) be willing to give me a one or two line sales-pitch on why one
should abandon traditional notions of RAID performance in favor of
allowing ZFS to do disk management?

Thanx

FONG

  shot through the heart              ooh baby do you know what that's worth
  and you're to blame                         ooh heaven is a place on earth
  darling you give love                  they say in heaven love comes first
  a bad name                              we'll make heaven a place on earth
  ORBITAL                                                     "Halcyon Live"