Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 19:53:56 +0100
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
Cc:        "Erik H. Bakke" <erik@habatech.no>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Submitting a new port

Thus spake Adrian Penisoara (ady@warpnet.ro):

Hello!

> > > I guess the PR file-pr is a cronjob called every 10 minutes.
>  Umm, no. "send-pr" sends an e-mail message which is processed by the PR
> database server (which might actually be pretty busy these days).

The version installed on the FreeBSD Server used to have an
email-alias to a program called "queue-pr".

queue-pr just took the emails and put it into a temporary directory.

then, as a cronjob, queue-pr -r was called and this filed the PR's
from the temporary files to file-pr.
As a cronjob.
Usually all 10 minutes.

I strongly believe that this is the case on the freebsd.org mx, too.
See the devel/gnats port.

> > > Thus it takes max. 10 minutes.
>  Nope, sometimes it takes even less than a minute. Other times much
> longer, it depends on the load, I guess.

Yes. it takes shorter when the email arrives when the cronjob is 1
minutes or less ahead.

Alex

--
I need a new ~/.sig.