Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:07:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Ravi Shankar <ksravi76@yahoo.com>
Cc:        nvangogh <nvangoghs@gmail.com>, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TFTPing file from server with Softlink

On Jul 26, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Ravi Shankar wrote:

> I have use tftp as I am trying to load the file from a server running =
on a different blade and the line card running Uboot is trying to load =
the microkernel thru tftp boot.

I understand that.  tftpd often runs in a chroot.  In a chroot, you =
can't symlink to a file outside the chroot and have it work.

Warner

"nvangogh" <nvangoghs@gmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 2:58 PM
>=20
>=20
> On Jul 26, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Jess Disney wrote:
> > Use WinSCP. GUI way to FTP/SCP
>=20
> *T*FTP.  This is likely for an embedded device or PXE booted server.  =
Neither is likely to have WinSCP, and besides, that doesn't support TFTP =
last time I used it.
>=20
> Warner
>=20
>=20
> >=20
> > Thanks for your time,
> >=20
> > --
> > Jess Disney
> > 615-280-0582
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Ravi Shankar <ksravi76@yahoo.com> =
wrote:
> >=20
> >>=20
> >> Hi,
> >> I am trying to TFTP a file from the server running FreeBSD 6.2 =
based OS
> >> where the file is a symbolic link to a a file in another partition.
> >> The TFTP server is failing saying no SUCH FILE ( Validate_access =
fails),
> >> but when I copy the file locally, the server responds and file is =
FTPd.