Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:07:49 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        "W.D.McKinney" <deem@wdm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: different src dirctory question

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:10:04 -0900
"W.D.McKinney" <deem@wdm.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 01:21, Nils Vogels wrote:
> > W.D.McKinney wrote:
> >
> > >I am moving from Linux to FreeBSD on our servers. I would like to
> > >install MySQL on on a 4.9 system from ports. How do I tell the make
> > >commnad to put the src in /usr/local/src ? Something like :
> > >
> > ># make --srcdest=/usr/local/src
> > >

> > Set the DISTDIR to another directory.
> >
> > It defaults to ${PORTSDIR}/distfiles, but can be set to what you want.
> >
> > In your case ..
> >
> > # make DISTDIR=/usr/local/src
> >
> > should do the trick.
> >
> > HTH & HAND,
> >
> > Nils.
>
> Hi Nils,
>
> I tested on the logrotate package and it put the logrotate rpm it
> downloaded in /usr/localsrc but the build directory went in ports ?
> /usr/ports/sysutils/logrotate/work/logrotate-3.5.2
>
> So It looks maybe I did not ask correctly.
>
> How would I have made logrotate to be in
> /usr/local/src/logrotate-3.5.2 ?

Take a look in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk

If I get you right (where you want the build to go) then you are after:

# WRKDIRPREFIX  - The place to root the temporary working directory
#                                 hierarchy (default: none).
# WRKDIR  - A temporary working directory that gets *clobbered* on clean
#                          (default: ${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR}/work).
# WRKSRC  - A subdirectory of ${WRKDIR} where the distribution actually
#                 unpacks to.  (Default: ${WRKDIR}/${DISTNAME} unless
#                NO_WRKSUBDIR is set, in which case simply ${WRKDIR}).

If you want the port to install in another place the use
PREFIX=my_place

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user