Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 06:54:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        kris@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.org, andrew@ugh.net.au
Subject:   Re: 7000 ports!

--- Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 May 2002 05:26:45 -0700
> Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
>
> > This commit marks the 7000th's port in the ports collection.
>
> Isn't quality more important than quantity? How many applications are
> ported for FreeBSD is imho not important. What counts is how many percent
> of ported applications are compiling and working under BSD. Or, just count
> the "working" ported applications....
>
> Isn't it better to have one car you can drive with, as 10 broken cars? ;)

Could you stop being negative here.  I know that there are some/lot of
broken ports in the tree, and the ports team is doing their well best job to
unbreak them, so please; stop the nagging and if you are really bothered
about picking on the "quantity" shit, you should go and get some ports fixed
yourself.  Also, go and discover what the word "port" in technical term
really means, and then complain;  but I will make ur journey easier, "Port
means getting something to work on another platform/arch somehow!".  The
FreeBSD ports, had eased a lot of work for me.  I am currently porting some
major commercial applications to FreeBSD, and the ports have been very handy
esp.  Linux based libararies,  Scientifc tools and list goes on...  In a
nutshell, there are applications which you will not find of any fucking use
but others will be dying to get on FreeBSD, so... I believe you now get my
f**ing point.

And please, take the above words offensively so you can make some real sense
out of it.

And btw, I salute the ports team for doing such a great job.
Keep it up. :-) and... KEEP PORTING. :))

Regards.

  -- Hiten Pandya
  -- <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>, <hiten@xMach.org>