Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:28:32 +1100
From:      Jason Leschnik <leschnik@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lagg failover does not announce the failover to switch

Lagg failover does not gratuitous ARP on the new interface to announce
the link failover - This leaves clients trying to access the failed
link and never making it to the up'd link.

Bug ID: 156226
Found on this todo list: http://wiki.freebsd.org/EdMaste/ToDo

I was wondering if i could offer a donation Hardware/Money to get this
fixed, in my opinion this is a very important feature for the
platform. I understand there are other ways to correct the behavior
but one would expect this to be solved in the driver.

I think as a server platform with many users just taking for granted
that this works, but it does not :(

Any workarounds or offers? ARP aging?

Thankyou.

--=20