Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:13:56 +0900
From:      MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, sanpei@sanpei.org
Subject:   Re: [PCIC-TI-12xx] experimental patch for PCIC TI-12xx for 4-current

imp@village.org wrote:

>> I've tested this patch or an earlier version of it on my Sony VAIO
>> with its Ricoh RL5C475.  It doesn't break it.

  Thanks for your testing.

I wrote:
>  Current known problem in my NOTE-PC, NOTE-PC does not recognize
>card insertion/removal after boot.  So I use pccardc power comment
>like this:

  If I set pcic_irq manually at boot loader, it recognized
insertion/removal :-)

  I think
	- my pcic_p.{c.h} patch is free from insertion/removal problem.
	- original polling routine
          or find-out and set-up pcic_irq routine in
	    sys/pccard/pcic.c:pcic_probe function has problem
	    in TI Chip or my NOTE-PC...

  I checked polling mode, but every 1/2 sec, pcicintr routine was
called.
  I will re-check polling mode and set-up pcic_irq routine.

MIHIRA Yoshiro
Yokohama Japan.

-- /boot/loader.conf in my NOTE-PC
machdep.pccard.pcic_irq=3
==
-- probe message
pcic0: <VLSI 82C146> at irq 3 on isa0
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
==
-- Without machdep.pccard.pcic_irq,
pcic: polling, can't alloc 0
pcic: polling, can't alloc 0
pcic0: <VLSI 82C146> on isa0	<--- irq was not set and used polling mode